Thursday, April 17, 2014

I don't know what to make of that...

I went to the fancy schmancy rooftop (25th+ floor) restaurant for dinner.   It was a beautiful view for sure, & a romantic setting.

The lemongrass sea bass was appealing, so I ordered it.  The waiter informed me that it was "all 3, not 1."  Ok, sure.  Sea bass, beef & chicken.  Not to mention bread, Tom Yum soup and rice.  That was a LOT of food though.  It would have been nice to have just 1 protein.

Dinner arrived, & I was puzzled.  A platter with a THICK, very hot tile was placed in front of me.  The waiter took tongs and dropped large raw pieces of meat onto the tile. I got to cook it to my liking, I guess.  I was spot on with the sea bass.  Amazing!

In the states, I like spicy food.  I like Tom Yum soup.  This was from another dimension of super hot!  I shoveled in rice quickly to absorb the heat.  Wowza.

For dessert, I ordered green tea ice cream to continue helping my mouth cool.  I was treated to a gorgeous red rising moon that grew larger & more orange.

My dinner cooking.

The other dimension Tom Yum Soup.

The rooftop dining area.

Part of the view.

1 comment:

  1. Dinner (and this entire trip) sounds amazing! So envious!

    ReplyDelete