Saturday, April 26, 2014

Random thoughts

Thursday, Melissa & I did a 2nd "fun dive" to get us more acclimated to being under water.  It was the best dive yet!  Crystal clear, tons of fish, tons of gorgeous coral.  We saw squirrelfish, pink anemome, some small yellow fellow who is hard to find, trigger fish, and... I swam in a flock of barracuda ,  how cool is that?!

The 2nd dive stared out quite murky, but improved quickly.  

Once we are done diving,out boat returns to our harbor, and a smaller boat comes to ferry us in.  Living in the Northeast, it is still SHOCKING when we get to the beach and have to jump out and pul the boat ashore that the water is NOT so cold it takes your breath away, but warm.  So warm in fact, I've had baths that were far colder.  This is more like the temp of hot tea!

Speaking of the boat, the ride to the first site this morning was very rocky.  It made me think of all the stories of people hanging off the back end of the Ptown ferry, losing their meals. I was rather loving the ride though.  First "good breeze" I've felt.  I remembered Dad's Navy/boating stories, "look at the horizon," and I haven't ever really felt ant seasickness.  I shared that with Melissa and she's found it quite helpful.

On a completely unrelated note, 7-11, the place with the best a/c around... What would they do if I came with a lawn chair & refused to leave?  Anyway... They have, Sue Wedda, ready for this?  Corn Popsicles.  Corn.  Popsicles.  That is all.  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment